I love Frittatas and i easily have them for breakfast , lunch or dinner. The fact that it is packed with so much hence it being enough for two to three servings and more and is such a nice meal for something like Brunch which i think by now we have established my love for brunch on a sunday so i won’t bore you with another speech on it.
This recipe is quite easy actually and requires you to just mix up a lot of ingredients that you like and can have in your refrigerator or just left over meals like potatoes, chicken ( boneless)bacon, sausage etc , kind of like a pizza but one without the huge dough but instead we use eggs, Lots of eggs ( i actually used less eggs this recipe would need around 8 eggs but that is what i had and it worked for me.It reminds me so much of Chips Mayai a very well known oh so tasty Tanzanian Cuisine. I might make it one day for you guys and i am thinking i should add more traditional Tanzanian meals in here that i love and i am sure my mom will be happy to teach me to perfect some of them, like Mtori.
So lets get right to the recipe shall we?
6-8 Eggs (8 if you want it heavy and for a bigger portion)
Milk (1/2 a cup)
6 slices of Bacon
1/2 pound of potatoes cut into small pieces
1/2 green pepper
2 carrots ,grated.
Salt and ground black pepper.
2 garlic cloves, chopped.
- 8- 10 inch Skillet,non stick.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until it’s crisp, Put aside.
- Mix chopped garlic cloves, black pepper and salt with the chopped potatoes and fry them over medium heat until golden brown.
- Whisk together eggs, milk,salt,black pepper in a bowl.
- On a skillet,add 2 tablespoons of oil and fry the onions,pepper and carrot at medium heat until well cooked.(for 2-4 minutes)
- Add the potatoes,bacon and cook on the vegetable mixture for one or two minutes , remember to spread them all round the skillet before gradually adding the eggs mixture all over the skillet.
- Cook at low heat for 4-6 minutes before using a plate or huge spatula to turn it over so the other part can cook too for another 5 minutes until ready.
- Serve as you like.
So yes , that’s how i make my bacon and potato frittata, how do you make yours? most of the time frittatas consists of eggs,milk,vegetable and anything of you liking so go ahead and be creative and make whatever your heart and taste bud desires.
Have yourself a great weekend.